a church in carrick-on-shannon
The Celtic Way
Here’s a teaser from Chuck Hunter’s Book The Celtic Way of Evangelism
- Peter Berger and the social construction of reality (99-100)
- a person’s view of reality is largely shaped and maintained within the community into which one has been socialized
- in a pluralistic society, the possibility of conversion, that is, changing the way one perceives essential reality, is opened up through conversations with people who live with a contrasting view of reality
- one adopts and internalizes the new worldview through resocialization into a community sharing that new worldview
- Roman Model vs. Celtic Model (53)
- Ministry and Conversation
- Belief, Invitation to Commitment
- The Celtic Way of Evangelism (53)
- You first establish community with people, or bring them into the fellowship of your community of faith
- Within fellowship, you engage in conversation, ministry, prayer, and worship.
- In time, as they discover that they now believe, you invite them to commit.